Trinity Refugee Awareness Campaign (TRAC) is a student-led initiative empowering TWU and our surrounding community to respond to the global refugee crisis.
We envision a world where the TWU community makes a tangible difference in the lives of refugees locally and globally. This desire to take action is founded upon the recognition of our responsibility both as global citizens and as Christians. We recognize that the blessings we have are not our own, and due to the value of every human life we seek to enrich the lives of those suffering. We strive to do this with hearts of humility, recognizing the opportunity to mutually impact each others lives.
- Each human life is inherently valuable.
- The blessings that we receive are multiplied when we extend them to those suffering.
- Engaging in a relationship with individuals of a different culture provides the opportunity for both parties to enrich the other’s life.
- Societies become richer when people of different cultures and backgrounds are accepted with open arms.
- The refugee crisis is a catastrophic event but there is a genuine hope to make a difference. Because of this hope, and potential for change, we are obligated to act.
*TRAC does not promote any particular political view or affiliation. Any source of media shared by TRAC does not express the political views of TRAC. Rather, sources are shared with the purpose of raising awareness and providing information about the refugee crisis and the challenges surrounding it.